Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Security Superintendent – Technology
Job Number: GGM-2020-XAP-02.
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Manager – Security UG & P roduction
- High School, Diploma or equivalent; Tertiary qualification or equivalent in electronics is require;
- No criminal record
Five (5) years Security Systems experience lent would be an advantage;
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain a recovery procedure to cope with emergency conditions such as severe work overload, hardware breakdown, and software failure, reduced operations and defunct operations.
- Maintain work schedules as required for the configuration / setup / maintenance of surveillance equipment, access control, intruder alarms and information management systems for Metallurgy, Operations & Services.
- Ensure the installation, maintenance, reconfiguration, upgrade of software and record keeping of alarm configuration of all Alarm and Satellite Tracking Systems
- Ensure the allocation and implementation (where applicable) of CCTV network and cameras, access systems, alarms, radios / repeated and ad hoc / new installations
- Co-ordinate special installations on request when and where needed
- Co-ordinate the availability of effective radio/repeater communications
- Co-ordinate effective issuing of access badges only after the route on the routing form is completed to employees, contractors, visitors and representatives ensuring that it is done in strict accordance with the access profile as specified on the routing form
- Ensure adherence to the procedure on access badge administration.
- Ensure the issue of temporary passwords in cases of emergency
- Conduct realistic threat evaluations on software, data documentation, supplies and effectiveness of Control Room operation and procedures.
- Assist in the forecasting of next budget cycle requirements
- Continuously identify and maintain cost savings initiatives
- Monitor and control overtime
- The results of the work and the results of the working behaviors of Subordinates
- Effectively modelling values-based behaviors and applying all managerial leadership practices in relation to Subordinates
- Build and maintaining a team of Subordinates capable of doing the necessary work
- Conduct risk assessment / audits as required concerning plant and system issues and provide management reports and update AURISK accordingly
- Co-ordinate inventories and listing of all equipment and materials in control rooms / plants, equipment rooms, technician offices, workshops and storerooms
- Implement and maintain relevant logbooks and registers pertaining to the job
- Submit monthly reports on Control Room operations, systems, equipment and material utilization as well as repairs, maintenance and relocations
- Ensure daily checks on equipment faults and actions and update maintenance schedule if required
- Define, develop, synergies and optimize administrative procedures for the department
- Ensure developing and implementing of back-up procedures on all relevant systems and databases
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all systems i.e. regular changing of passwords, all system passwords to be available sealed and secured in a lockable safe and integrity of data etc
- Demonstrate effective knowledge & understanding of operational safety and health policies, procedures and principles in and around workplace
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of budgeting principles
- Demonstrated knowledge & application of managerial leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge & application of ethical conduct and compliance with corporate governance, principles
- Demonstrate solid knowledge and experience in Security Technology Systems Leadership Competencies
- Fostering a team environment – Promoting Collaboration and Team work, Develop Others;
- Manage Self – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displays high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximising Performance Results – Solve Problems and Analysing Issues, Taking Initiative
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Security Superintendent – Technology and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 10th March 2020 at 17hr30.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.