Tag: Geography Form One

Topic 2: Evolution of Man

Filed in History by 0 Comments

EVOLUTION OF MAN The Meaning of Evolution of Man Explain the meaning of evolution of man Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which people originated from apelike ancestors. Scientific evidence shows that the physical and behavioral traits shared by all people originated from apelike ancestors and evolved over a period of approximately […]

Continue Reading »

Topic 6: Map Work

Filed in Geography by 0 Comments
Topic 6: Map Work

MAP WORK The Concept of a Map Define the concept of a map A map is a representation of an area of the earth’s surface on a flat surface such as paper, wood, board, card, plastic, cloth or some other material. The information given in a map is shown by conventional signs and symbols which […]

Continue Reading »

Topic 5: Climate

Filed in Geography by
Topic 5: Climate

CLIMATE The Concept of Climate Define the concept of climate Climate is the average weather conditions of an area observed and recorded over a long period of time (about 30 years). The scientific study of climate is called climatology and a person who studies climate is called climatologist. Weather and Climate The Difference between Weather […]

Continue Reading »

Topic 4: Weather

Filed in Geography by 0 Comments
Topic 4: Weather

WEATHER Concept of Weather Meaning of Weather Define weather Weather is defined as conditions of the atmosphere which occur at a place at specific time periods, that is, from hour to hour or day today. It changes from time to time and from place to place. For example, it may be raining in the morning […]

Continue Reading »

Topic 3: Major features of the Earth’s surface

Filed in Geography by 0 Comments
Topic 3: Major features of the Earth’s surface

MAJOR FEATURES OF THE EARTH’S SURFACE Continents Meaning of a Continent Explain the meaning of a continent The land surface occupies 29% of the surface of the globe, and the remaining 71% is covered by water. The land surface forms seven continents. A continent is a major landmass rising from the ocean floor. It includes […]

Continue Reading »

Topic 2: The Solar system

Filed in Geography by 0 Comments
Topic 2: The Solar system

The Solar system is the arrangement of sun, planets and other solid objects in the space in relation to the position of the sun. Or Is the group of heavenly bodies made up of the sun, the planets, the moons, natural satellites, asteroids, comets, the stars, meteors and meteorites that surround it. The diagram showing solar […]

Continue Reading »

Topic 1: Concept of Geography

Filed in Geography by 0 Comments

Topic 1: CONCEPT OF GEOGRAPHY The word geography can be divided into two parts, ‘geo’ and ‘graphy’. Geo comes from the Greek word ‘ge’ which means the earth and graphy comes from ‘graphein’ which means to describe. Therefore geography describes the earth. Geography is the study of physical features of the earth and human activities […]

Continue Reading »